| || |
- AAA EXPERIMENT (Started 28 Nov 07) **Edited as of 24 Jan 08:**
**Disclaimer - I am NOT a hair expert, not by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just using what's been working for me. Having said that, I hope that if you try my regi, it equals or surpasses what I've been able to achieve! HHG!!
WEEKLY HAIR REGIMEN
Monday - Massage scalp (bhringraj, mahabhringraj, GRO-AUT oil) coconut oil on ends
Tuesday - Massage scalp (Amla and Shikakai oil) coconut oil on ends
Wednesday - RTweety Regimen** (see below)
Thursday - Massage scalp (bhringraj, mahabhringraj, GRO-AUT oil) coconut oil on ends
Friday - Massage scalp / Overnite Prepoo (Amla/Shikakai oil, then slather on Elasta QP DPR-11 Conditioner on dry hair, plastic cap, scarf, then sleep)
Saturday - RTweety Regimen
Sunday - Day of Rest (coconut oil on ends)
**About twice a week, I'll rub a dollop (size of a nickel) of ORS Olive Oil Lotion or Vitapointe through the "hair only". It helps to keep my hair moist and shiny.
- Wash hair w/ GRO-AUT Herbal Shampoo. Rinse.
- Wash hair w/ Jojoba Shampoo w/ essential rosemary oil. Rinse.
- Oil hair & scalp w/ bhringraj oil, mahabhringraj oil and GRO-AUT oil.
- Then, oil hair, not scalp, w/ coconut oil.
- Apply Jojoba Conditioner w/ Chamomile/Tea tree oil. Do not rinse.
- Gently comb through hair to distribute conditioner and oils.
**Afterwards, I apply Lacio Lacio, throughout hair, then I apply Chi Silk Infusion throughout, but mostly on the ends.
- On Wed Nite, I put damp hair in a loose ponytail, tie down w/ satin scarf and go to bed.
- On Sat Morn, I rollerset my hair. I just bought a PIBBS! I cant wait to use it!
MY HENNA RECIPE
55g (4 TBL) Henna
1 TBL Orange Juice (Terp)
1 Cup Cold Water
Stir till it's mixed up. Cover with plastic wrap, set aside. (I usually do this on a Fri. nite)
-- the next morning, after the dye releases, mix in...
3 TBL Olive Oil
3 TBL Honey
24 drops of Rosemary Oil (or any essential oil, it's more for scent, henna kinda stinks)
Mix should be smooth like a relaxer
MY INDIGO RECIPE (Don't mix this up till you're ready to use it!)
Enough warm water to make a yogurt-like paste
1 tsp Salt
Lay a dark towel on the floor. It can get messy. Put vaseline on nape, forehead and ears. Part dry hair and slather/smoosh henna mix with gloved hands. Put on a plastic cap and sit under dryer for 1 hr, then walk around/clean/sleep (whatever) for 1 hr.
Rinse hair WELL. As I'm rinsing I'll apply a cheapie conditioner throughout to help rinse/detangle.
Then mix the INDIGO RECIPE and apply to hair immediately. Put on plastic cap and leave on for 1 hr or 30 min under the dryer. Rinse.
I do a MOISTURIZING Deep Conditioner for 30 min-1 hr, rinse, then style.
- General Information
- Monday, September 25, 2006
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- College graduate
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- I like football -- Hail To The Redskins!!
- Gospel, Jazz, Ol' School Hip-Hop
- Desperate Housewives, The Game
- My Dad -- For loving and taking care of 2 kids that weren't his. I love you daddy!
- Friend of:
- carmella25, Caligirl, BrooklynQueen, Jk0223, MsJoi, Ladyash2004, Ashaun (updates) ~Newly Natural~, NATURAL NOW-NO PW, latingirly112484"UPDATED SEPT. 2010", Angeshrty6 (2014 UPDATES COMING SOON!), AAngel *+* UPDATED Dec !!!!!!!!, Kiki82, PrettyBrownEyes718 ~Updates! Now Transitioning.~, Knottyaaverage, Back2basix - Summer 09 updates, AuNaturale, Sistaallday, Phyl73, Reese Nicole, Amaka89, Cute4u, Petitmaui *******TRANSITIONING TO NATURAL, Gjmk..., NaturallyNiké, Princess Jazzy, Neicys0cute, TenderMommi, NiNiBoo03 *DEC 2008 UPDATE!!*, BermyKISS *~Update Progress~*, aero21, Pinkprincess004 *major setback in 2011*, Tay-Tay25***Transitioning***, WatchMeGrow