| || |
- LovingMeNatural ***BC'd on 10/12***
- Update: I BC'd on Friday Oct. 12. I haven't posted pics yet, because my digi cam is acting a fool, but I'll post pics soon. It's short, and all I'm really doing with it is twisting it every 2 days and then rocking the twistout. I know it'll be growing before I know it. I'm so excited!
I'm starting my journey. I'm in the process of transitioning. My hair was once as short as Fantasia's and once it was long enough to braid, I continuously got braids, twists, and tracks, with no relaxers, and the pics you see are the result. It's been about a year. I'm not sure when or if I'll do the BC, because there's not much relaxer left, and it's not really bothering me much. I've been without a relaxer for about a year now, but I've NEVER just worn my natural hair. It's always been braids or tracks.. just no relaxer. But I've recently decided to just rock my own. I mean, why not? Why hide it behind what's not really mine? I wanna be free... let it breathe... let it be! I'm going to start out with two strand twists, and then just try different things. I'll probably do box braids after the twists. I'm truly excited, and am just ready to start my journey. So wish me luck! And I invite you to come with me. Pics will be added as they're taken. I don't take them often, but I do what I can. Feel free to make comments and leave advice, because I'm sure I'll need some. Thanks! :-)
***My Current Regime*** (This may change as I learn more about taking care of my natural tresses):
* I shampoo once a week with Suave's clarifying shampoo and Fantasia's Tea Tree Therapy (?) shampoo.
* I deep condition after I shampoo. With whatever I feel. Either the Olive Oil Replenishing Pack mixed with various oils, my Lustrasilk w/ Shea Butter mixed with various oils, my MOP Extreme Protein Treatment for Damaged Hair mixed with various oils, or ORS Hair Mayo Treatment for Damaged Hair mixed with various oils. It all depends on my mood. And since I'm a product junkie, I have so much to choose from. I have sooooooooooo many types of conditioners and moisturizers. I love love love conditioner!
*I co-wash every morning with either VO5 Moisture Milks or Suave's Coconut conditioner. I choose based on however I'm feeling that morning. :-)
* I towel blot dry, and apply Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioner, and add a dab of Worlds of Curls Curl Activator, play with it some, and then be about my business and roll out!!
* At night, I moisturize my hair with my oil concoction (EVOO, jojoba oil, carrot oil, Vitamin E, Tea Tree Oil,and Coconut Oil)., I add more or take away some, depending on my mood, or my supply.
*I then twist in big sections, tie a silk scarf and go to bed! The next morning, I wake up and do the same thing all over again.
*OR I apply some Elasta QP Mango Butter to twist tie on a scarf and go to bed.
But now that it's getting colder, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I love my wash & go's, but I can't be messing around with that in the winter time and catch pneomonia (sp?)!! My hair looks silly when I two strand twist it, because it's not thick enough to look good yet. So once it thickens, I'm sure the twists will look better. I could go for protective styles, but that's all I've been doing for the past 8-9 mos, so I want to let my hair breathe! I'm sick of braids and twists w/ added hair. I wanna rock my own. So we'll see.... stay tuned.
- General Information
- Wednesday, September 26, 2007
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- In a relationship
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- Some college
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Interests & Personality
- Natural Hair Care, my Family & Friends, movies, eating out, bowling, chillin, relaxing and enjoying myself!
- Naturallybeautiful, Natitwists, PhenomenalFlame, Nappy Nelle, Erin, Mrs Sweetness(I'm Back with Updates), Godsgem ~ I have updates 7/21/09, luvlylibra22, Lina40, MimiCuteLips, **AllieNicole ADD allienicole2**, Jazzi (9-28 update), Kinkerbelle, Yvette, ~MonicaAnderson22~, NaPPyRae^_^, Beautifulreality **Almost 1 Year Natural!!!**, Neosoulgurl *UpDated March 28, 2009*, Hoping to update my albums w/ Fotki app -12/15/12, MissHerring, Serenity326 - 5+ yr updates! (1/19/12), CynnamynBrown ~*~UPDATED 12/1/10~*~, SweetCocoa, Tiffany - Ending 2011 with a BANG!, Ms-gg find me on youtube and frostoppa.com, Nappily Asheley, Icanonlybeme 2011 UPDATES!!!, DivineNapps1728 --->* 12-23-11*<--- mini update, Trueself, Sun-Kissed, Sweetkeesha *Im Back*, Fxybrwn78 (New Feb-Jun '12 Updates), I missed my FoTkI friends :)... I'm back!!!, SMoniqueB*update* 10/10/10 FINALLY, LJoyner(New JoyneDesigns www.joynedesigns.etsy.com, Brooklynbornnapps *COLLEGE UPDATES*, Kamaliyah, LullaBee ~ Updated 5/1/09~, UPDATES: NappyBeauty---www.youtube.com/keke52284, Suthrnqt, Jaylasmommy, Kink-n-Curlz **Updated March 2010!**, Jordan***OCT 2009, Journey2kennya, EyeWrite22 [Peep my return to the TWA!], Finally Updated!!!! 10/8 Miss ღ Kara Updated, Rockopoohbear - Updates (as of August 2011), BlAcK OnYx *** Updating Soon ***, NappyXai ** check out my new album NappyXai2, PerfectlyMe ~ Summer Updates 6/23/09, Rondalyn801