| || |
- I am a 30 yr old proud mother of a 2 yr old king and the better half (LMAO) of a wonderful husband. I am currently on active duty in the Navy (9 years and counting).
Although I've only been transitioning for 2 months I feel as if I have been preparing for this journey for the last 12 years. Since graduating high school in "96" I routinely cut my hair every 2-3 years. I usually leave it short for about year and then go back to the harsh chemicals, but not this time! I am so inspired by all of the beautiful women that grace this site and others like it.
Whenever I cut my hair short I feel overcome with confidence! There is something magical about knowing that you are not hiding behind your hair but can fully embrace the natural, authentic version of you.....the way god intended.
It is so motivating to have a cheering section of (people that I don't know) veterans helping me make my transition even more successful. I would like to say thank you in advance for any advice or comments and I look forward to soaking all of the information that you ladies continue to provide.
- General Information
- Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- kinky, curly, coily, black, nappy, powerful
- I'm here for:
- Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- Some college
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Very tall
- $45,000 - $60,000
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- Laughing until the tears come, hot tea, bubbly baths, a day at the spa, relaxing with my husband, watching my son and my husband play games, reading, listening to musiq, bargain shopping
- I love watching basketball, gymnastics. I love to swim, bike ride
- Neo Soul. Favorite artist include Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Dwele, Musiq, Goapele, Angie Stone, Joss Stone, ANthony Hamilton, Donnie, Kindred, Floetry, India Aire, Mary J Blige...just to name a few!
- Usual Suspects, Love Jones, Love & Basketball, P.S. I Love You, Coming to America... I'm having a brain freeze can't hink of anymore.
- I love reality tv, such as Project Runway, The entire HGTV Network, The Cosby Show, Three's Company, The House of Payne, Oprah, Tyra, Housewives of Atlanta, Moneywise and Suze Orman (you gotta love talking about money)!)
- God, my parents and the people that support me and encourage me to be a better person.
- The Coldest Winter Ever, All of the E. Lynn Harris books, Sula, The Bluest Eye, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff,
- Ravens locs*updated 3/16/11*, poochie247, MimiCuteLips, AuNappturale *updated 11/24, ~*Natural Beauty~*, Dreadlocdcutie, ♥ NappyLove: UPDATED: 4 JAN 2012 ♥, Tarin'sTanglez *1/22/13* naturallymemedia.com, ~Comparison Slide Update 11/29/10.. 29.5 months ~, ~*Quiet Fire*~ Baby Fire is here! Updates soon!, JayBby04 ***New Updates 11/18/2012 Aug-Nov***, Nappy Chic Hair posts!: www.fashionnettework.com, Mikaela- approaching 5 yrs natural!, Mooks-hair is on Instagram Mookshair99, blaqbeauti3 - UPDATES FINALLY SEPTEMBER 5, Nalina , Simnicity ***youtube.com/s1mnicity***, Beelov, Finally Updated!!!! 10/8 Miss ღ Kara Updated, CurlyGirl, MissMika627 *4 Years Natural*, TXNYness (im back,, updates), elleeccentric* [update 01-22-11], Brittany(NEW PAGE: fotki.com/thomas0802), 5-1-2011 Transitiong., Nigerian-Queen: 15 MONTHS LOCED WOOHOO! UPDATED!!!, Tiki-Blue, Brittany (www.youtube.com/bsnatural), It's been a long time FOTKI, Khamlet1 |The Loc Life|, Churro
- Friend of:
- Dreadlocdcutie, Nigerian-Queen: 15 MONTHS LOCED WOOHOO! UPDATED!!!, Tiki-Blue