| || |
- Also known as Mimi. I’m from Orlando, Fl.
Right now I'm currently a member of the longhaircareforum.com.
This site has helped me immensely in taking better care of my hair.
I have type 4a/b coily kinky curly hair.
I keep finding new ways and methods to shorten my regimen. I’m a college student so I don’t usually have a lot of extra time. Therefore I’ve decided to shorten my regimen yet again and my hair surprisingly is doing a lot better from the times when my regimen was longer.
As of August 1, 2008 I am 100% natural!!! It was a difficult transition however, when I finally did the Big Chop I started to wonder why I ever relaxed my hair in the first place. My last relaxer was in the month of December of 2007. Now its been a little over 6 and 1/2 monthes since I cut off my permed ends and finally it dawned on me. You know God really has a way of getting his point across! I guess what I'm trying to say is, had I not relaxed my hair for those 2 and 1/2 years, I would not have the utmost love and appreciation for the hair that God has granted me. For me, this transition was about more than just hair. It was a process of me learning to love and accept myself for who I am despite what others may say or think. Now to me, loving means appreciating, caring, and treating my mind, body and soul better than the most precious jewel. Loving me is a form of wellness exceeding my greatest imagination. I now understand that God created me on purpose, by purpose, for purpose. I as well as my various brothers and sisters of the human race, are a portryal of God's love and creativity. There is a reason why we all are different, look different, and feel different. Yet in all are differences we are one. Who says that in order to love ourself we must hate another, or that if we love the look of another we must hate the look of ourself. Well all I can say is I love my natural hair, I love my natural body, I love the human race, I love me, and above all I love God! So as of now I'm just trying out new things that will benefit me in a positive way. I'm eating better, using healtier/organic products on my skin and hair, doing colon cleanse to keep my insides clean. My body has been thanking me for every positive change that I've made, and it will continue to thank me as I discover better ways to care for myself. As of today, my complete hair regimen is not written in stone but I have been very consisted with a routein for the past 4 and 1/2 months. In fact I've already discovered a few staples. I continue to search for healthy/organic products that will work for my hair, so that I won't need to use products containing harmful ingredients. My current regimen can be found in my journal section.
- General Information
- Sunday, May 29, 2005
- English, Creole, French
- Natural Hair
- I'm here for:
- Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
- Contact Information
- Yahoo! ID:
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- I never drink
- I don't have kids yet
- In college
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- Natural health, exercise/ wellness, yoga, callenetics natural hair, natural medicine, music, reading, philosophy, sprituality, skincare/beauty, truth.
- running, yoga, callenetics, soccer,watching tennis matches (would like to learn to play)
- Concious music, concious raggae, alternative pop,alternative rock, classical, Gospel, Christian, world music
- There Eyes Were Watching God, Avatar, The Last Sumerai,Forrest Gump, The Road, Gladiator, I Am Legend, Seven Pounds, Philadelphia, Road to Perdition, Wicker Park, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,etc...
- Smallville, Vampire Diaries, Drop Dead Diva, MY Wife and Kids, Seinfeld, Link TV
- Christ, My Mother, Ghandi, Father Jean Juste RIP
- Conversation With God 1-3, 7 habits of Highly Effective People, Wives and Daughters, Jane Eyre, etc
- Hamira, Salon Tamika Bell, Netta1, *jenteel* 8/30/12, hiza, Isis, Queeny20, Erin, >;< [HIATUS! sorta!], Khandi, sweetcashew, FlowerHair, Sylver2(RA), Serica, kristina, Sera25 (2nd Album):No PW-7 Yrs Natural 3-10-11*, Lina40, VAQT, MimiCuteLips, Donna Sylla, mrs pitt, Autumnleaves3, ChakaKhanian AKA Bublnbrnsuga, Macherieamour, Jazzi (9-28 update), Updates, Updates, Updates 9-2012, Candy C, Jenny..Updates Coming!, ~Angel's Space~ 8.2009, Loveya4ever **2014 updates*******, Caribeandiva, Virtuousjewel~ Pregnant~~2011 Up-dates Soon!, Wonderstar- under construction, Serenity326 - 5+ yr updates! (1/19/12), ~Lovemenatural~ 2010 Updates 2/22/10, Prttygirl6****December 2010 Updates!!!****, Aijo, Ms-gg find me on youtube and frostoppa.com, MsLala, Affinity, ~*Quiet Fire*~ Baby Fire is here! Updates soon!, Harana, Togethernessinchrist, Loolalooh ~*~*UPDATES: OCTOBER 14, 2012*~*~, tocktick *will be on hiatus for quite a while*, DeeRaven, TR_NYC | UPDATED 08/21, tru! Mid-Back Length For Dec 09, Yassylane, Semora, Simnicity ***youtube.com/s1mnicity***, Instagram justcallmemrscrawford, Mwedzi, Asabi22, Ediese **Updates March 2011**, Linguistic Aesthetics, LLC, Jai - Updated 11/21/13, HairCrush, Aprilflower-One new pic....at last..., *Updated* 3/29/13 Twitter:@ibyl, Girleegirl, KinkyKurlyQueen • Jan-Feb-March 2011 Updates!!, Curlycherry28, PrettyDiva83 NEW YOUTUBE PAGE 11/30/11, Copa-canary **(11-2014 New blog)***, *No1blkbeauty*Updated 7/14/11*, NaturallyNiké, IzzyRenee, Neith, JazBNatural *Updated June 2011!*
- Friend of:
- Dreysonsmommy2011, Loveya4ever **2014 updates*******, CocoCaramel, BeautyInCurls, Sexyaqr, Newyorkgirl3, Togethernessinchrist, Ashee89, 1MizzB, Princessj7487**Starting Over Jan. 2009**, Nerika*February updates*, Business4tim, NaturallyNiké, ***Honesty***, Naturally Me! Protective styling..., NewlyNaptural**New December 2011 Pics**, RessesPieces