| || |
- Poetist - Updated April 2008
- This is a journal of my quest for beautiful, healthy hair . I am the typical black girl who'se been through it all with my hair. Pressed hair at 6, a curl (that never took...Praise God) at 8, braids, perms, weaves...you name it. My hair never seemed to grow past my shoulders.
By the time is was in 6th grade, my beautiful mother let me hot curl my hair every morning. My style of choice was a "pro-style" gelled ponytail, with half my hair down and a bang in the front. The ponytail, bang, and few strands of hair that I had in the back were curled mercilessly. This was the beginning of the end.
By high school, I got my hair cut in a bob, but it was so thin, it never kept a style. I then got the Toni Braxton cut and used weave tracks to thicken up my hair. The weave was glued and wreaked havoc on my hair. I really didnt care because the weave created the look that I wanted. This created a toxic relationship between me and my hair. To this day, there are MANY people who havent seen my real hair in 18 years. Fast forward to 2006. I had been rocking weaves covered by micro braids in the top. I had been on vacation and my scalp was soooooooo dry that a friend asked me if I had poured powder on my scalp. When I got home, I took my hair down (which I usually kept unattended in a weave for about 3 months.) It was obviously a flagrant,tangled mess. Not only was it tangled beyond belief, but my hair started falling out. I hadnt had a touchup in months and the lack of moisture and 2 textures were not having it. I was in tears and knew that there must be some other way for me and my hair to co-exist. I started doing research and came across Cathy Howse. Then, I found LHCF, which was the ultimate God send.
I got serious about the health of my hair and cut off all my perm and began cowashing, spritzing twice and day and oiling my scalp.
I braid my hair in box braids or cornrows.
I spritz with a concoction of distilled water and glycerin (in the AM and PM).
I seal with castor oil.
In the AM, after sealing with castor oil, I use a bobby pin to pin my braids up, then apply a lace wig without glue.
At night, I spritz for moisture and apply a hair growth concoction of olice oil, sulphur, essential oils, and vitamins. I massage into my scalp, then baggy and go to bed.
I take MSM, biotin, Vit B, Multi, Horsetail, Flax Oil, and inositol daily.
I co wash about 2 times a week with Suave.
I deep condition once a week with J/A/S/O/N/S.
****tip: when I braid or cornrow my hair, I add a tiny piece of synthetic extension to the ends of my hair. I do this so that when I take the braids down, the ends of my hair have not curled on themselves, creating knots. The use of a little piece of extension on the ends makes the those annoying knots almost non-existant. I make sure to keep these ends very moisturized and sealed with oil.
I am so thankful for all the information that I have received and all the LHCF ladies who have shared their stories and pictures. I thank God for leading me to this site and for helping me to realize that the hair that I once thought was so shameful, because it wouldnt grow, is beautiful because it actually flourishes with a little TLC.
- General Information
- Thursday, February 9, 2006
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Proud parent
- College graduate
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- AFashionSlave, BeanRuby, Maestradiva77, velvet (new you tube videos), SupergirlJ, Angelicus, Isis, Sistaslick, sweetcashew, Marie1837, Sylver2(RA), Sera25 (2nd Album):No PW-7 Yrs Natural 3-10-11*, poochie247, Lina40, Donna Sylla, Nay, Divine Inspiration, Jenny..Updates Coming!, browneyedgrl2, Loveya4ever **2014 updates*******, Virtuousjewel~ Pregnant~~2011 Up-dates Soon!, my hair in August, plus a few products, Wonderstar- under construction, Ashleyhair 2012, VinDieselsWifey, Aijo, Affinity, DARKEMPRESS-UPDATED 10/2011, Napturallyme-Updated 6/28/08, Meaganita, Silky-Tresses, JahStorm, Clenish/tsturnbu, LukaLomi- Youtube video 2012! http://bit.ly/w9XBPt, F2x (january 2011 updates), Kewlkat103
- Friend of:
- ~JaZiToNeS~.... Little Update Nov 2011, MoonStar, Nappy Nelle, LovelyMissYoli **2 Years Overdue Updates**, Beyondcute- Im baaaccckkk 9/2011, Precious1215 , Ajargon02, MissJade, NTRLMYSTIK -Updated 09/21/2011, Sera25 (2nd Album):No PW-7 Yrs Natural 3-10-11*, Lina40, *~Poohbear~*, 2011-Staple: Organic products I mix together., A, margejj03_Nov. 2012, ♥Purpulicious ON HAITUS UNITL 2010♥, Natural Aries, AuNappturale *updated 12/28, Beautilicious, DivinelyNappy, Metrini, Bunnie, Dreysonsmommy2011, blackhoney112, Kutemommie/Updated 10/13/11, svrbrownsuga, Kamikak **New Videos**, ♥ NappyLove: UPDATED: 4 JAN 2012 ♥, NeeNapp, Add my new album http://public.fotki.com/NappFrizz, LadyJ305, MissAlyssa, Sweetfacekay ..::END OF AUG. UPDATES!, Virtuousjewel~ Pregnant~~2011 Up-dates Soon!, M.MiamiLady, Lelee, Mar8613, First-time, Classydemi, FralyB - No Longer Natural - Small Update Feb. 09, Sxyhairfetish(BC'ED! Pics in other album), Nubinikki, *~B-Phlyy Updated 6/2/13*, Troisdeuxune, Kathyblack's Updates 03/18/2011, Afroqueenshae Visit: www.AFRONIQUELYU.com, Scarcity21-2 starting over...updates 1/7/10, Serenity326 - 5+ yr updates! (1/19/12), MZ.CHEEFA, KStyle, Mahalialee4, AmorousMommy, Huggzandkisses***2009 Updates***, Wildkat7, (www.lovelyhairgrowth.com), KMarie, Mscocoface (Starting Year 5), LadyAmazon, Harana, EmpressRi ~March updates (finally)!, Afrocano07-2 (2/28/10) Updates!!!), 3rd Time at it Began May 25, 2014 ::UPDATES PICS::, Bronzeg*Now Natural 2011 updates!!*, Rougex~Dec. 2008 Update, Bosslady1, EbonyEss, learning about my NATURAL hair, Outremount ** UPDATED April 2011*, Scooby7-39 months relaxer free, Teresa, LNDimples, lovelykinks, Loolalooh ~*~*UPDATES: OCTOBER 14, 2012*~*~, UrbanCurlz, Aisha79**New Video!!!**, **Braids4Gro, DrBNL - 2/19/12 I'M BACK!!! Twitter @MrsBNL, Destinee1483, Twoprissy, sesamebutterfly, Salheaven- I have UPDATES FOR DEC 08!!, 1MizzB, HisBestFriend, NATURAL NOW-NO PW, SoftnKinky, Triciatrouble-UPDATES 4/7/08, Nellieville ***Updates 07/2013***, Queensudan, Mooks-hair is on Instagram Mookshair99, Jadedpoet69/ 5 Years Naptural and newly loc'd, Girlsaturday, lOuLoU82- Ready for 2013, Angeshrty6 (2014 UPDATES COMING SOON!), BostonMaria, CeeDeLaGhetto, NP's Miss Nicole ~ Updated 10/16, UneekDiva - Who Gon Check Me Boo? LOL, UPDATES, PLEASE CHECK ME OUT!!, Simnicity ***youtube.com/s1mnicity***, Souljah85, ☆ SabrinaRenee ☆ ***AFK***, Wantlonghair.., UPDATE - MARCH 21st 2010 - Princessa<3, Kiki82, Kris, MsKinkyKutie, Hair-O---New Pics 3/29/10, Alynxx - find me on Instagram @dreamtressesuk, Cuteazz1, Msdebbs, March 2012 it's growing back updates, Chocokat, NakiaLovesShoes, Logis83 SMALL UPDATE Nov 2009 (2 years) , UPDATES! UPDATES!, BonitaApplebum updates!!!, HappyNappyT *UPDATE* CHECK MY "ABOUT ME" SECTION, Mzpleasant1, *~ImNotMyHair~* 4-27 Updates!! *~*, Mskris, Mz.Jones, Lilmsjanet, Cookieshair, 16Months Post Relaxer!, Ivie184~On Hiatus~, NATURAL DIVA (4 yrs natural Feb 17 2014), SexyNatural, Veneoasis___ updates!!!!! 1/15/2011, HanahBanana(BC! All Natural MARCH '09), Alastri, LaurenceC, Jamaicanadian, Sxenatrlneautee, tytecurlz, Savantrice, Kandirayne, Giahair, *JadenSelim* im MBL now, FirstLady1908 has October Updates, Kimberly1982, Belita01, Germany4ver/Back_at_MBL_news_pics_Nov, Jazzie710natural **Under Construction***, KiNkYnEsT~~~May 2010 Updates!! I'm back!!!, NM is on an indefinite hiatus :o(, MaaFobi, Discreet, *Sparkling Doll*( is transitioning to natural), Cute4u, Theprincess098, ...and 78 friends more