| || |
- SepiaAngel (a few updates)
- I was a little girl who didn't love the way she looked. I had allowed myself to get gobbled up by the self-hatred. The hair wasn't bone-straight...gotta p.erm it. No boobs, no curves...straight as an arrow...tissue paper in the bra was the trick. My face wasn't pristine...thought certain meds work but didn't. No boys noticed me or cared I'd existed...too much of an introvert. I had to assimilate with others for them to like me.
Now, years later...the present. I no longer need to conform to the ridiculous ideas of the standard of beauty. I finally got my curves that I longed for...no operations or tissue paper needed. My face cleared. A guy finally took notice and ended up being my husband and the father of my wondrous son, whom we absolutely adore.
As for the hair...it's in its napptural glory...nappy, kinky, tightly-coiled---beautiful...free from the p.erms and other damaging products and tools that tried to destroy my hair, spirit, and self-esteem. I hold my head up high and know that God made me different for a reason...I am one of the reflections of His image. He made me because He loved me and still does to this day. I thank Him for His grace and mercy. How I love the Lord for allowing me to love myself all over again.
About my hair: If this describes anyone's hair, please hit me up. It's nice to know that I may have more hair kinfolk around. :o)
Hair type: 4a/4b medium density...it looks like I have super coarse, thick hair, but I really don't, however there's a lot on this peanut head of mine. LOL! It's soft to the touch. The nape and top/middle of my hair is very fine and has a looser curl than the rest of the head, but I have different textures everywhere. My hair twin is SxFtMahgnyCurvs, who has a fantastic album by the way! Conditioning and moisturizing are a must for me and I'm getting into no pooing the hair. My twists and twistouts look good, however I get mad shrinkage big time when water or humidity hits it. :o/ I love braidouts and wearing my hair big. My hair laughs at curl activator---it doesn't do anything. IC Fantasia gel and coconut oil is awesome whenever I need to put my fro in a puff. As for wash and go's...I could get away with it when the hair was a twa. Now? I need to comb it out and put product in it immediately after washing if I want it to look right.
That's it in a nutshell. I've been natural now since October 15, 2003. I love hair and the things I can do to it. :o)
- General Information
- Sunday, September 5, 2004
- English, some Spanish
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Proud parent
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- More to love!
- Interests & Personality
- camping, reading, watching sports, internet
- Football, boxing, track and field
- R&B, hip-hop, gospel, reggae, salsa, merengue
- The Color Purple, GoodFellas
- Heroes, The Cosby Show, the Bernie Mac Show, ANTM
- God, my mom (RIP), my hubby, my son
- any Beverly Jenkins or Terri McMillan books