| || |
- TheHairChallenge(October 2010 updates)
- This is a serious challenge to achieve optimal hair growth results through a healthy hair care regimen.
Candace - Hair fanatic!! I want to achieve long, healthy hair!!
I plan on using the following products:
Olive Oil Relaxer
Aubrey Organics HSR
Giovanni Deep Moist Condish
Giovanni 50:50 Condish
Castor Oil (drugstore version)
Jane Carter Nourish and Shine
NTM Leave In
GVP of Joico K-Pak
Tressemme Natural Moist Condish
GVP of Paul Mitchell "Super Skinny Serum" (loves it)
Roux Porosity Control
After months of trying products, spending a whole lot $$$, and patience. I have finally found my regimen..that works!!
My hair loves moisture..I mean my hair loves water and conditioner!!!
I co-wash 2-4 times weekly..and dc once a week with heat.
My current staples are Aubrey Organics..I especially love HoneySuckle Rose, Tressemme Natural Moist Condish, Giovanni Condishes..I use these for my co-washes.
I also use the HSR, Giovanni Deep Mosit Condish, GVP version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm.
My hair doesn't like silcones, so I use them sparingly, only in my styling products: serum and leave in. Looking for a silicone-free leave in and serum.
I've found that my hair loves creamy products...anything oily or heavy. My hair hates!! I have to use castor oil very sparingly. Also I can't so spray / protein- ish leave ins, it does nothing for me. I need creamy, moisturizing ones.
I have fine strands...but they are very dense...which gives the appearance of thick hair.
I seal 3x weekly..depending on my hair..and what it needs..
I moisturize and seal with my fav leave in and castor oil when damp...when dry I use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine and a bit of leave in.
I am trying to incorporate prepooing into my regimen. ( though I only shampoo 1x a month- shampooing dries my hair out terribly!!)
I use Amla, Maka (my fave) and Brahmi 2-3x monthly.
I comb only 1-2 weekly...here lately once a week with my dc.
I use a Jibere shower comb..and I detangle in the shower..with a head full of conditioner....under the running water...from the bottom up to the roots..
I have found that this really helps my hair..I have minimal shedding...less than I would detangling on my dry hair.
I wear my hair in braids-outs mostly..but I keep my hair pinned up..with magic hair clips ( love them).
I can't do ponytail holders..in any shape, form, or fashion..I WILL get breakage..so I use the magic hair clips...
It keeps my hair off of my shoulders..and away from the elements...which I contribute to retaining my length..
Since my hair is fine..it's very fragile..and needs to moisturized and protected a good bit of the time...
I do light protein weekly ....harder protein a week before and a week after my relaxer...and as needed...
Here lately...I have been doing a protein co-wash! With no breakage..stiffness...or hard hair..my hair is more accepting of protein!!
DC'ing with heat is a must for me...I tried to dc without heat..and got breakage...(30 min)
I flat iron 1-2 times every 2-3 months...I rarely use heat...but if I have somewhere to go...I will use heat...
I'm not anti-heat..I think it should be used sparingly..though..
Also..I never lay my head down on anything..unless I have my satin scarf on...
- General Information
- Sunday, July 27, 2008
- hair, hair growth, hair length, breakage, ayurveda, aryuvedic
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Interests & Personality
- Delolida, ♥DEBZ♥youtube.com/theMANEtopic, Jackie23, Princesslala * June 09 1 year hair journey!, Susanzmorg...Back on my hair game., **LM119**, Spicedream822, NUKINDOFJETBEUTY1(updated 4-27-09), Girlfromipanema, SherylsTresses ****Au Naturalle & Loving It****, ElleTaylor -updated 2/19/10-, Candeet1026 ( NEW PICS), MsCandiB, Exoticmommie, Naturally Me! Protective styling...
- Friend of:
- Mystic, Delolida, ♥DEBZ♥youtube.com/theMANEtopic, Jackie23, Princesslala * June 09 1 year hair journey!, Susanzmorg...Back on my hair game., **LM119**, Spicedream822, NUKINDOFJETBEUTY1(updated 4-27-09), Girlfromipanema, ElleTaylor -updated 2/19/10-, Candeet1026 ( NEW PICS), my 2010 hair progress, Ms1derful72 ** Is Transitioning***, MsCandiB, Exoticmommie, Naturally Me! Protective styling..., ChristyKurlz, -PrincessTiana, WaistlengthJourney