| || |
- Bellachic26**Updated 01/15/09** Claiming APL??
- My hair care regimen:
I am on the quest for healthy hair. My hair care regimen is very simple and has been working like a dream, however I am always on the hunt for new methods and products.
My goal is to be at armpit length (APL) by 08/2008
**I think I hit my 8/2008 goal of APL.***
Next Goal: BSL February 2009
I began my regimen on 11/20/2006. I was very new to the whole healthy hair scene and did not know what to expect.
This is Macherieamour's regimen that I will be following from now on! I will keep you posted on the results. I have done extensive research and feel this regimen is going to be the best for my hair at this point. She does not over do-it with products or styling and I am anxious to do the saran wrap treatment.
My Hair Care Regimen is fairly simple I wash every 5 to 7 days.
I saturate my dry, unwashed hair with a protein-based conditioning treatment. I'm currently using ORS Hair MAYO. While I am applying the conditioner to my hair and scalp, I place a turbo turban (looks like a turban towel- found at any drugstore) in the sink and run the hot water. I wring out the towel and wrap it around my head. Lastly, I place a plastic cap or bag over top and do some chores or sit under a warm dryer.
Estimated Time = 20 minutes (5 mins to apply and 15 to condition)
I currently use Keracare Dry and Itchy Scalp Shampoo and Keracare Hydrating Shampoo. At this point, my hair feels nice and soft after the steam treatment.
Estimated Time - 10 minutes
One of the most important parts of my regimen. I have a super dry scalp so I apply Kercare Dry and Itchy Scalp Conditioner on my scalp and let sit for about 5 minutes while I shave, lather, etc. This treatment ends my dry itchy scalp conditons. My scalp is healthier and this, coupled with the deep conditioner, have always made my new growth super soft, detangled and manageable I would use this as my regular conditioner but it smells very medicinal
Estimated Time - 7 minutes
I hop out of the shower and towel dry my hair with my hair turban. I apply Keracare Humecto conditioner all over my hair. I dont use a TON of product just enough to lighlty coat my hair, focusing on rubbing it into my hair. I cover with the same hot wet towel from my prepoo. I use this time to set up my area for rollersetting. I let the conditioner sit on my head until the towel starts to cool, which is about 15 minutes.
Estimated Time = 20 minutes
I rinse out the conditioner thoroughly and gently squeeze the water out of my hair. I immediately cover my wet hair with shower cap. I DO NOT towel dry. While wet, I apply Keracare Leave-In Conditoner and then Silken Seal. I set my hair with plain water, focusing on saturating the hair from root to tip. This take about 5-7 sprays per section. The hair should lay very sleek and set on the roller.
Estimated Time = Setting (45 mins), Drying under a hood dryer (1 hour 15 mins)
After I finish drying, I remove the rollers and wrap with a paddle brush. I wrap with saran wrap and sit back under the dryer for 10 mins. Then, I just remove the saran wrap and go to sleep. If need be, I might blow out the roots. When I wake up in the morning, shiny, soft, bouncy STRAIGHT hair
Estimated Time = 10 mins
Total Regimen Time = 3 hours and 7 mins
During the week, I moisturize with Keracare Conditioning Creme Headdress, wrap, spray Keracare Oil sheen and cover with a doo rag or satin cap.
In the mornings, I undo the wrap, add some Fantasia Frizz-free serum and go
11/20/2006 started regimen
06/29/2007 Mizani relaxer and light trim.
I only noticed about an inch of growth (probably 1 1/2 if i didnt get the trim but I really needed it). I dont think I will stretch three months anymore because my hair got really dry. I am going to stick to my normal 8-9 weeks because that is when I have seen the most growth and health in my hair. I have a deep conditioning appointment on 07/20/2007 so keep checking.
9/15/2007 Relaxer and trim. I was really slacking these two months with the deep conditioners and washing. I really noticed that my hair did not seem to grow this cycle. I did not have a set back as far as breakage or shedding but it is pretty much the same length as my 6/29 relaxer. So I am going to get back on my hair grind and make BSL happen.
I was supposed to get a relaxer on 11/15/2007 but will be stretching until december (the last week). I am just giving my hair some more time to relax and grow. It is being kept hydrated and unmanipulated.
12/27/2007 - relaxer (mizani). looks great its fuller and i only needed to barely dust my ends and saw an inch of growth all around. I will be posting my measurements from septembers relaxer and decembers relaxer. I am offically two inches away from APL but will not be doing the big picture reveal until may. I will still be updating this page with status updates. my stylist was very impressed by my growth and how healthy my hair is looking. Hide your hair challenge is in full effect until may 08.
03/12/08 Mizani relaxer and deep conditioner.
6/11/08 affirm relaxer, photo updates ready! I did not really like the affirm relaxer. I will be sticking to Mizani.
- General Information
- Thursday, November 16, 2006
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- College graduate
- west indies
- Body type:
- JenniferMD, Salon Tamika Bell, *Reniece - Weave Specialist*, Isis, Sistaslick, WaterChylde - Updated 1/5/08, Chicoro, MsKibibi is on YouTube!, Khandi, hondahoney007, Babygurl, GT_Girl, GodsGrace****Minor update Dec 19 '09, Sylver2(RA), Miss Jetsetter, hottopic, Pokahontas, Godsflowerrr ... www.HealthyHairJourney.com, Macherieamour, Jenny..Updates Coming!, Sparkling Flame/Caisha, PinkAngel, Loveya4ever **2015 updates*******, Telletell aka MizaniMami, Wonderstar- under construction, Sxyhairfetish(BC'ED! Pics in other album), Ashleyhair 2012, Treasure2k6, Reiko (updated 07/05), Vonnique04 *BIG CHOPPED 11/10/10**, Godyssey, *~*..:Hair Mania:..*~*, Mswavy, Bronzeg*Now Natural 2011 updates!!*, Ebonimama, Shay, Fedoralova, MrsHicks2002, Kiesha8185 - Updated 9/20/2011...I BIG CHOPPED!, maneANDchic *updated October 6, 2010*, Shae47*****UPDATES 03/31/08*******, Elaine07 - Updates!!!!, Alia, Luvmesumhair, Gray Mom-2 year Anniversary All Natural 2008, Belizeanbeauty*33 mths Transitioning,Updates Soon!, PrettyBrownEyes718 ~Updates! Now Transitioning.~, NATURAL DIVA (4 yrs natural Feb 17 2014), JUST KIMMY *Update 7/11/2010*, MissyLePrissy, Caribbeangirl, www.bychristainez.com, MAY13BABY*STARTING OVER*, Hairdrama08, Highwine21, **FGROGAN** Wishing 4 WL in 6 mnths
- Friend of:
- Desiree, hondahoney007, H0tg1rl (UPDATE 10/20), Superstarstatus, Kiesha8185 - Updated 9/20/2011...I BIG CHOPPED!, Kiakia101, Kris, ♥DEBZ♥youtube.com/theMANEtopic, Nyisha, New Locs .... Rebirth 7/15 pics coming soon, MsNaturalBeautii, Chynadll, SweetieC, Petitmaui *******TRANSITIONING TO NATURAL, Lil-may ( Added new hair growth pic's), www.bychristainez.com, Dwaddle26*JANUARY 2011 Update*, MissKia08, Liberiangal, Beautiful Growth***big chop&June updates, Spicedream822, Computer-Love-Queen, Visit BlackHairInformation.com for hair care tips!, Jadeybaby726, Highwine21, **FGROGAN** Wishing 4 WL in 6 mnths, Helifano[(Nov.2oo9] updates, Tay-Tay25***Transitioning***, The Lady