| || |
- I RAN OUT OF SPACE HERE SO I MADE A NEW ACCOUNT!
GO AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND!
STOP BY MY OTHER SITE AND SHOW ME SOME LOVE IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT!!! IF NOT, MAKE ONE!!!!
my first perm was in elementary school. as i grew older, my mother told me that she was reluctant but because i would come home crying because i was teased, she gave in. the irony of the matter is, the bully's hair wasnt no better than mines. she had beady beads everywhere.
the trend of perms went on til about 9th grade year, in the first few months of 2003. i had started to transition a few months back, mainly because my best friend wanted to grow out her perms (she's part indian and her hair is beautiful). i thought it would also be different for me. but after a couple of months, i told my mom to chop it off. i had a few good inches but still was nervous about the short look. so she put in a texturizer. i loved it at the time but it would prove to be a constant battle from that point on.
i kept the s-curl for the rest of the year, and i got my hair braided at the end of the year. also at that point, i was living with my father and he didnt necessarily like the fact that my hair was natural. when i took the braids out, i guess you can say that i gave up (and i did something that i wasnt supposed to)....i put a relaxer over top the texturizer. it came out nice though. not as full as it should have been but it came out nice. that went on for a while again, and i'm not sure, but i think i cut it off again and went the texturizer route again. by that time, i was in 11th grade. then again in the spring of my junior year, i think i cut it off again. i left it alone for a while because my hair has this deep, deep curl pattern, and i was really feelin it at the time. so i decided to leave well enough alone and see what i could do with it.....yeah, i could do just about nothing. it was a TWA, as far as i'm concern but i was workin it.
ok it gets interesting....that summer, of 2005, in july, i bought yet another texturizer and put it in. i guess my reasoning was that i wanted my hair to be in ok condition when i was to be baptized. i dont have good reasoning, because i would have realized it would have also been just as fine if i were to just leave it alone like i started to. but whatever. it wound up being pointless because when my senior year started, i was sportin an afro with a headband again. i just didnt feel like dealing with a texturizer (it was probably just a summer thing).
i got kinky twist in december for my senior pics, and after about a month, my mother came up to spend the rest of my senior year with me. when i took my twists out, i was like, "mama, CUT IT OFF!!!" so she cut it for me once again. i cut out the texturizer for the last time and i dyed it, and left well enough alone. my hair is now about 4 inches in length when stretched out, and to be able to wear it requires that i wet it at least everyday (or every other day because i dont feel like messin with it so i wear scarves a lot) and by doing that, it activates my natural curl pattern. it also leaves my hair dry because i keep forgetting to buy some leave in conditioner.
November 2, 2006<~~~started locking process with 246 two strand twists....love them lil things!
- General Information
- Monday, March 27, 2006
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- I don't want kids ever
- In college
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- Jehovah; Basketball; Music; Food; Talkin; Sleepin; Writing/Reading Poetry
- Rap/Hip Hop; Alternative; Rock; R&B/Soul
- Comedies; Romance; Action; Animated (think Shrek) and also pointless movies like Napolean Dynamite (freakin idiot!!!) that movie was the ish!; I also like urban type movies ( think ATL)
- America's Next Top Model; Dr. 90210; Girlfriends; Soulfood; The Game; House; Monk
- New World Translation; I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings; Their Eyes Were Watching God; The Bluest Eye; Puddn'head Wilson; (i could go on)
- FreeStyle, Electa530, allsmiles-UPDATED April 2010, Netta1, ~Fe~ , Natitwists, Mamaleigh, QueenJahzara, All-Natural, happynappy (ive got updates on my other page), Kina, Naturalyhair, NappyLaedi, ~*ReBoRn*~, SepiaAngel (April 2015 update), blufaerie, Azul, Thank you guys for 9 wonderful years of support!, Yardiespice, Karamel, Ravens locs*updated 3/16/11*, Honesty.. I'm back!!!!!, cateyesmd, Llyons, Dread_princess, Drea968, Ange-Noir, 2011-Staple: Organic products I mix together., Trinidiva05, Maya, dgjr the freeformer, On Hiatus., Ebony Love, Clawz G'Law, ♥Purpulicious ON HAITUS UNITL 2010♥, Journeesmom, Jenesaiquoi, new journal at www.fotki.com/taureanwoman/, Kay(lowfro), Bai ~~~~Updates August 11, 2008~~~~, Afrobabylon, **Updates** TRIFLEmc (Last MC standing), MsMila, BlackPearls, Tress, yanstriniempress, Naptural_Diva, Jaidnoire, blkgyrl103 www.soulfulwares.com, Honey Child, Yes Lioness, liberiangurl85, goddessmf *new 7 year update*, TalkingYam, CHARM, ****NEW NAME: PLEASE ADD PURPLEPEACE79 ****, NikkiY, Nnkechi, Mina *PW=nappt*****ty, ~Comparison Slide Update 11/29/10.. 29.5 months ~, yjmice, [CoolKidd Pep♥], Foxielocs, Dazzlingpinky, Lalaslocs, ShakinShae (Updated 06/19/10), MahogonyBliss, Caughtintheact, Locphanatic2, Afrobuddhess, QuietStorm-9802, tiffany!, AkandeTrust, I am my HAIR ::I have made the change!!! LOC's::, Jamaican-Empress, OsoCristie, Misskaya, MsLeofierce, Crimsondewdrop2, Afrobaby26- New locs ROUND 2, Jadedpoet, ChazaStarshaelkd4Christ, NappiRouts, dreadFULLphx, JayBby04 ***New Updates 11/18/2012 Aug-Nov***, Shalilac is so Random, Afrocano07-2 (2/28/10) Updates!!!), Nattrawl, Client and Charm Style Updates!!, Strandz, NaturallyBlessed, Nikkial82, Vanesse, Darcyeyre, tocktick *will be on hiatus for quite a while*, Cheleski's 2yr Anniv. DIY Sisterlock Journey, Fematicallycooki3, TRIFLEmc (& son!)_HipHopGoneDreadLoc Pt2, blaqbeauti2 *UPDATES CONT'D FROM 1ST ALBUM!*, 1luvm3
- Friend of:
- FreeStyle, ~Fe~ , PhenomenalFlame, NaturalRay, Lissea - Loc updates 2009, Juststand, Thank you guys for 9 wonderful years of support!, Trinidiva05, dgjr the freeformer, Nokeya ~*UPDATES 1/14/2008, ♥ New York Wedding Photography♥ , **Updates** TRIFLEmc (Last MC standing), MsMila, KC & Cherisheachday on Fotki, Shortnsweet617?Delicaterose617, NappyMe, Dreadlocdcutie, CHARM, yjmice, Nappyfreedom29, Caughtintheact, Locphanatic2, **UP DATES** Month 35!!, Scarcity21-2 starting over...updates 1/7/10, Caramelbeauty, MZ.CHEEFA, MsLeofierce, **Justlex has moved to Justlex2**, MommaMIMI, Curiousnubia, dreadFULLphx, Nattrawl, Client and Charm Style Updates!!, Cocoanaps, Go to my new fotki.com/LackTruth2 same password, Mynaturalhair, NaturallyBlessed, SexySouthMama, Tre *updates*, Nikkial82, tocktick *will be on hiatus for quite a while*, Win2007man, Cheleski's 2yr Anniv. DIY Sisterlock Journey, BlackQueen10**UPDATES ON NUMBER 2**03/05/08, Sister-locksequalsme, Jaylasmommy, blaqbeauti2 *UPDATES CONT'D FROM 1ST ALBUM!*, K8D, Masha #FAIL! The fro is back *June '15*, blaqbeauti3 - UPDATES FINALLY SEPTEMBER 5, UneekDiva - Who Gon Check Me Boo? LOL, S0uthernGirl ~ Updated 11/1, MsKinkyKutie, missCHEEvous, Lorslocedup, SilverQueen, Rockopoohbear - Updates (as of August 2011), BlackQueen10**2 UPDATES COMING, ~*~Free 2 Be Me~*~, Famina Massive Updates!!!, Deeplyrooted, HumbleHair004, Soulchild618 - UPDATES coming 2/18/09 18 Months!, KindaNappy celebrated 1 year lociversary 9/8/2010!, Empress74...Locs of Love, year 4!, Karen, Kaisea1982 - 3 years and counting ya'll, RasJesse******UPDATED 13 May, 2009******, AulterEgos, NubianKink, Kamal_Imani, Debra Baker