| || |
- This avatar is not current but I'm still the same person inside this body.
Although I was exposed to photography many years ago I never actually took photographs until the spring of 2007 (My Peru folder). I find all aspects of photography to be very meditative. Until recently I mostly used my point & shoot Panasonic TZ3, I love it and recently purchased two extra TZ3's on eBay just in case something happened to mine. But I also use a Canon T1i (also known as EOS 500D) with which I use a Tamron 28-300 zoom and also a Canon 85mm portrait lens with fantastic depth of field. This portrait lens had such wonderful reviews I had to get one (eBay again). My favorite time is late afternoon for its rich color and dramatic lighting. Evening until at least an hour after sunset is a favorite with me too, especially if followed by a bottle of wine. If I could wake myself up early enough I know I would enjoy the beauty of the morning light as well.
Vancouver, in the province of British Columbia on the west coast of Canada, is a beautiful city. We have so many and such varied photo opportunities within our city and our entire province and country, and they are multiplied by the four seasons and various weather conditions.
I spend a lot of time fulfilling my love of photography and my wandering nature. I love to travel and have only recently started doing so... there is so much of the world to see!!!
I am a trained aromatherapist, respecting the impact of plant chemicals on the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of the human body. I use 'essential oils' made from various parts of plants and trees. These have 'scary-named' chemicals in them, such as terpines, aldehydes, acids, esters, ketones, oxides, lactones, coumarins, that surely do affect the body. Aromatherapy is definitely not the use of perfume oil in scented candles.
- General Information
- Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- I'm here for:
- Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Interests & Personality
- Photography, travel, garden, nature, science, psychology, alternative health, aromatherapy
- Mental gymnastics, I do love to give my brain a good workout!
- All types of music are on my list, but good old Rock & Roll, Blues, Jazz, & World music (especially Fado) are at the top.
- Animated movies (old and new). 'Bambi' is one of my favorites... wasn't it Thumper who said "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"? I try to live my life like that, but if you annoy me I will let my tongue loose,
- Who has time to watch television? But I do listen occasionally while doing other things.
- Wonder Woman, Catwoman, my Parents
- No time to read, so I listen to audio books, any kind. Favorites are the Golden Compass series, Diana Gabaldon's 'Outlander' historical series about a time traveller, and Terry Pratchett's 'Nation', read the review on this one, you will love it.
- The Coffee Is Cold, >>>www.GaryGS1.com>>> Prime Times & World Travels, ooO(PETER)Ooo, Christel, *H.P.F., Jac707, Puddleduck, Xopher, Kandyt, Atot, Lettie1957, Camera Shy, F-32 Photography, Bryan-H, Beausoleil Photography, Mamka1 (Bagmamka), Okinew, Crazydais, HowardNeighbor, Finnin, Mamagalyna
- Friend of:
- Dmitri Don, The Coffee Is Cold, Don, >>>www.GaryGS1.com>>> Prime Times & World Travels, ooO(PETER)Ooo, Christel, Picha, Amateur-54, Handmade Oriental Carpets & Rugs, *H.P.F., Jac707, Xopher, Kandyt, Marino Hidalgo, FireLillyCreations Photography, Atot, Mariesatz, Lettie1957, Camera Shy, Bryan-H, Beausoleil Photography, Mamka1 (Bagmamka), Luc, Okinew, Helenarola, CHARDSARTS,Women,Children,First, peaceforever, Yukeen, Memo964, Crazydais, IrenSkop, LOUISIANA, Finnin, Frostpictures