| || |
- This avatar is not current but I'm still the same person inside this body.
Although I was exposed to photography as art many years ago I never actually took photographs until the spring of 2007 (My Peru folder). I find all aspects of photography to be very meditative. I mostly use my point & shoot Panasonic TZ3, I love it and subsequently purchased several used TZ3's on eBay just in case something happened to mine, they are slowly dying one by one. But I also occasionally use a Canon T1i (aka EOS 500D) with which I use a Tamron 28-300 zoom and also a Canon 85mm portrait lens with fantastic depth of field. This portrait lens had such wonderful reviews I had to get one (eBay again). My favorite time is late afternoon for its rich color and dramatic lighting, and I especially like shadows in my photos. Evening until at least an hour after sunset is a favorite with me too, especially if followed by a glass of wine. I know I would enjoy the beauty of the morning light as well but alas, I'm not a morning person.
Vancouver, in the province of British Columbia on the west coast of Canada, is a beautiful city. We have so many and such varied photo opportunities within our city and our entire province and country, and they are multiplied by the four seasons and various weather conditions.
I spend a lot of time fulfilling my love of photography and my wandering nature. I love to travel and have only recently started doing so... there is so much of the world to see!!!
- General Information
- Tuesday, February 19, 2008
- I'm here for:
- Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Interests & Personality
- Photography, travel, garden, nature, science, psychology, alternative health, aromatherapy
- Mental gymnastics, I do love to give my brain a good workout!
- All types of music are on my list, but good old Rock & Roll, Blues, Jazz, & World music (especially Fado) are at the top.
- Animated movies (old and new). 'Bambi' is one of my favorites... wasn't it Thumper who said "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"? I try to live my life like that, but if you annoy me I will let my tongue loose,
- Who has time to watch television? But I do listen occasionally while doing other things.
- Wonder Woman, Catwoman, my Parents
- No time to read, so I listen to audio books, any kind. Favorites are the Golden Compass series, Diana Gabaldon's 'Outlander' historical series about a time traveller, and Terry Pratchett's 'Nation', read the review on this one, you will love it.
- Message Received, >>>www.GaryGS1.com>>> Prime Times & World Travels, ooO(PETER)Ooo, Christel, *H.P.F., Jac707, Puddleduck, Xopher, Kandyt, Atot, Lettie1957, Camera Shy, F-32 Photography, Bryan, Beausoleil Photography, Mamka1 (Bagmamka), Okinew, Crazydais, HowardNeighbor, Finnin, Mamagalyna
- Friend of:
- Dmitri Don, Message Received, Don, >>>www.GaryGS1.com>>> Prime Times & World Travels, ooO(PETER)Ooo, Christel, Picha, Amateur-54, Rugs, *H.P.F., Jac707, Xopher, Kandyt, Marino Hidalgo, FireLillyCreations Photography, Atot, Mariesatz, Lettie1957, Camera Shy, Bryan, Beausoleil Photography, Mamka1 (Bagmamka), Luc, Okinew, Helenarola, CHARDSARTS,Women,Children,First, peaceforever, Yukeen, Crazydais, IrenSkop, LOUISIANA, Finnin, Frostpictures