| || |
- I'm a NYC professional, deeply entrenched in Corporate America (despite having alternative views on most subjects), a devoted child to a disabled parent, a loving sister, aunt and loyal friend. A bit of an adventure junkie, risk-taker, athlete, 1/2 cup full thinker.
I'm from the Caribbean and even as a child I knew I would grow up to be a Naturalist. My definition of that has always been a person who embraces all of God's creations, including loving oneself just as she/he made you. So... I'm all natural: hair, nails, body parts, etc. This also includes a great love, respect and awe for the outdoors, beaches, mountains and wide open spaces - God's gifts to us all.
I started this album a very long time ago but I was so scattered and very busy, I just didn't have the time to focus on it. I also think I was just a bit intimidated by the journey I had just embarked on, that of telling my story of becoming a Sistah who REFUSED to process her hair any more. I endured massive backlash when I made my decision to go natural and it was not a reaction I had expected, especially from my own culture, race, especially from women who, like me, had been struggling for years with the hot comb and the chemicals.
After licking my wounds for a while, toughening up my skin and continuing down my own path despite the naysayers and the insults, I and my life have settled down, so I think I'm going to do some flashbacks to bring the Natural Family up to speed on my journeys.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and my entries and please feel free to reach out!
- General Information
- Wednesday, December 31, 2003
- Nappy head, Naturalist, Dread 'Oman, Locs, Picaninny, Yardie
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Serious relationships, Friends, Dating, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
- Contact Information
- Yahoo! ID:
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) smoker
- Light (social) drinker
- College graduate
- Black/African descent
- Jamaica, West Indies
- Body type:
- Shorter than average
- $60,000 - $75,000
- Interests & Personality
- Pool playing, reading, movies, comics, Wii, old Arcade video games
- paddleball, biking, yoga
- R&B, classic rock, soca, soul, jazz
- Romantic comedies, Horror, Comedies, Dramas.
- Heroes!!! All of the CSI; Big Shots; everything on the Discovery and TLC channels
- The Elders of my family, Maya Angelou, Desmond Tutu, Nelson Mandela, Angela Davis, Malcolm X, MLK, JFK
- Daezhavoo, TheHairoine, Kristalmynd
- Friend of:
- Daezhavoo, Lotit, ArtistNexile, www.CaribbeanNaturalHairScene.com is offline, Kristalmynd