| || |
- ♣ enarcadie ♣
- "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."
- Andre Gide
"People wish to be settled; only as far as they are unsettled is there any hope for them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
~ ~ ~
"Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car. "
"Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it. "
"Experience is a wonderful thing: it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."
"Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world."
~ ~ ~
Enarcadie is inspired by the Rennes-le-Chateau mystery and "ET IN ARCADIA EGO " or "The Arcadian shepherds", by Nicolas Poussin.
The usual translation is "Even in Arcadia I am", interpreted to be a reminder of the presence of death even in Arcadia, which is region of ancient Greece in the central Peloponnesus, often used as a reference to an imaginary paradise. The more literal translation of "Et in Arcadia Ego" is actually "and in Arcadia I...", an unfinished sentence. And, as the unfinished sentence suggests, the path of existence & awareness is open and doesn't ever really end.
- General Information
- Wednesday, November 5, 2003
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Proud parent
- College graduate
- a zygote :-)
- Interests & Personality
- books, photography, photoshop work, writing, world of warcraft (hunters rock!) :-)
- gym workouts (ok, not as often as i should), watching the Olympics and some games in the World Cup...and I like my pool
- like pretty much everything...EXCEPT country music!
- too many to list....but I have to say I'm a huge LoTR fan
- Boston Legal, The Sopranos, Desperate Housewives, TLC & Discovery shows, Sponge Bob, BBC shows (Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares, AbFab, etc.)
- Gandhi, the Dalai Lama, everyone who works to help & raise awareness about injustice and cruelty...I am most passionate about animal rights and children's causes
- too many to list....Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Hesse, George RR Martin, Carol Berg, Dostoevsky, Inoue, E.E.Cummings, Neruda