| || |
- Geminisista (November 2010) Updates - 5 years!!
- I am the mother of four grown people. Two girls with children and two sons with no children. I also have a son n law(oldest daughter). I am the Grandmother (Nonni) of five little ones. (Well, one not so little) :D He is just a big baby boy . . . .
I love the fact that I was born African American and a woman!! We are the strongest human beings on the face of this earth.
When I decided to wear my hair loc'ed, it was no surprise to my family and friends who know me. I used to do the afro back in the 70's and was "RED BLACK & GREEN" down! I had to tease my hair because it was to soft to actually wear in a 'fro. After putting my hair through some changes that my grandmother did not exactly appreciate but she supported what I was trying to achieve, I finally was able to wear that AFRO!! It was a big one for the first three years. By my senior year in high school, I had to get it trimmed up some for my senior pictures. Press and curls was not going to be in my senior pics!
I am now wearing my hair in locs. I love them dearly! This is the best decision I have ever made for my hair besides the 'fro. My only regret, is that I did not do this sooner. Where I live, you did not see hardly anyone wearing their hair in 'dreads'. It came about slowly for this region. As I started to see them more and more, I gave it some thought for about two years. Then my son n law started wearing locs and they were so beautiful on him.
When I was doing the relaxers, I would end up with damaged hair and broken ends. My hair was growing but by the time you got to the ends, that is where my problem was. It was breaking off from chemicals and excessive heat - flat irons and curling irons so bad, I could not see any growth. I then, started getting ty-zillions, twisties, braids (with hair added in) and finally, the weave caps . . . WHEW!!!!
I am so free from all of the MADNESS!! When all of that garbage was taken out of my hair, I was left with damaged, split ends, broken off hair and wondering if it will ever get back to normal again. I was feeling bad because of how my hair would end up looking like.
THEN THE SUN CAME OUT SHINING LIKE A NEW PENNY!!!!!!!!!!!
God gave us this beautiful kinky, nappy, course, wavey hair to wear with pride!! Not to put chemicals in to make it straight. My hair is finally healthy again, like it was when I was a child. I can see my growth. I cannot keep my fingers out of my hair it feels so wonderful to me!!
All I can say is, "Thank you Jesus for blessing me(us) as African Americans, Blacks, Negros, with this unique kinky/nappy hair that is different from all the others. I will, from now on wear it FOREVER and with pride."
- General Information
- Tuesday, July 25, 2006
- english, ebonics
- locs, dreads, dreadlocs, natural hair, dreds, locks, sisterlocs
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
- My Cities
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- Some college
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- More to love!
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- my family, my two pitbull terriers, outdoor gardening, hanging out with family, internet, love to travel!
- I love to watch football and basketball - Pistons!!
- R&B, contemporary jazz, some rap, some reggae music
- Urban movies, action and comedies
- Animal Precinct, Dog Wisperer, Pastor Creflo Dollar, Oprah, Girlfriends, Greys Anatomy
- My grandmother who I called "GRANNY" she was my Heart!!
- I do magazine articles not novels, - Ebony, Essence, Jet, Sister to Sister, etc.
- Daezhavoo, MsAfrodite, Natitwists, MYSTEREE LOVES COMPANY, Mamaleigh, Tiana, happynappy (ive got updates on my other page), ~SxFt ~, Kina, Naturalyhair, HappyNappy71, napomo, SepiaAngel (a few updates), Juststand, http://www.facebook.com/TwistRoot, Ravens locs*updated 3/16/11*, ~^~ Peachtree - Almost 10 yrs Natural - ^~, poochie247, Alexis, tai, dgjr the freeformer, Cammydoll, LaRhonda (Updated 10/2013), Nique, Ebony Love, AuNappturale *updated 11/24, Lameena, Divawcs, Tipstar, **Updates** TRIFLEmc (Last MC standing), MsMila, Jazzi (9-28 update), aurore, Kutemommie/Updated 10/13/11, GOLDEN, NappyMe, BlackAngel Playah, Naptural_Diva, Honey Child, LocNess, Dreadlocdcutie, Haitian_Hunny (Dec '12 Update!), Shatani's got ACTUAL UPDATES!!, CHARM, ♥ NappyLove: UPDATED: 4 JAN 2012 ♥, PhoenixGirl, ChocoDrine, Caymanian (I have a new account!), TruEssence, Whammo, RealSista, Locphanatic2, **UP DATES** Month 35!!, Dreadnman, QuietStorm-9802, Fleurs, Ebony3--Seven Years Locked!!!, NappyChile, PinkGlam, Soulfullysoulful, WonderWoman345 (see you around), Cassandra *7/2/12 - small update*, Mizz145, Afrobaby26- New locs ROUND 2, SheShe, MommaMIMI, Nattrawl, Client and Charm Style Updates!!, Cocoanaps, ღ☆° RealSista °☆ღ, Samson.. MOre new Vids and testimony, DARKEMPRESS-UPDATED 10/2011, Tre *updates*, Camonil Updates 2.12.10 |It's a video|, Cheleski68, Tinypuff, Spice Island Prince *2013 Updates*, Ebunnie- 2011 updates, 123, Suburbanbushbabe™, MissMash76, NaturalKinks2 - updated 5/16/13, MsMila2, MyOwn, Blackvelvetntucson2, Rockopoohbear - Updates (as of August 2011), KissOfLyfe~***Computer down-Updates SOON!***, Kyaubl, Micheli ~New Video!, Camlo2k, Tobemeis2bfree (GiGi)New Updates 06/24/09 , Locksza, .:More Lyrical:. returns!!!, New Locs .... Rebirth 7/15 pics coming soon, Meandmynaps, ReicyaX - 2010 in review uploaded now!, BiggRapp313, Anine70, Tremills1, Toya (((ladydread)))
- Friend of:
- Daezhavoo, MsAfrodite, nappiness, LadyGemini (**updates June 2009 ***), Aswadah, Nappy Nelle, HappyNappy71, SepiaAngel (a few updates), Lissea - Loc updates 2009, Juststand, http://www.facebook.com/TwistRoot, Precious1215 , Rob, tai, Natural Virgo *2010 UPDATES*, dgjr the freeformer, Nokeya ~*UPDATES 1/14/2008, Tipstar, Nubiancooki, Jazzi (9-28 update), aurore, Kutemommie/Updated 10/13/11, NappyMe, BlackAngel Playah, Dreadlocdcutie, Haitian_Hunny (Dec '12 Update!), Shatani's got ACTUAL UPDATES!!, CHARM, ♥ NappyLove: UPDATED: 4 JAN 2012 ♥, Nnkechi, shortycocoa *working on year 7*, TruEssence, Stacidoctor, Lyrikalnapps, ChaoticSoul, Locphanatic2, **UP DATES** Month 35!!, crazeebigeyes, Ebony3--Seven Years Locked!!!, NappyChile, GodivaBeauty ***I'm locing my hair***, Soulfullysoulful, Caramelbeauty, NappyOleMe - 3 Years of Pure Bliss!!, WonderWoman345 (see you around), Mizz145, BEAUTIFUL and the King's man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, SheShe, MommaMIMI, Myayla48, ShawniePooh, Curiousnubia, Montgomerygirl, Trueself, Nattrawl, Cocoanaps, MsBlackBeauty8, ღ☆° RealSista °☆ღ, Loving Yourself Naturally, Dc-hair-braiding, Tre *updates*, Rastaprincess, LUVMYNATURALHAIR, Cheleski68, BlackQueen10**UPDATES ON NUMBER 2**03/05/08, Sister-locksequalsme, Napturalihappi, Tinypuff, 123, MissMash76, Poeticbeauty7, NaturalKinks2 - updated 5/16/13, Zia, Shay-b3-talkan, Britdhill, JamaicanRoyalty^Go to Alwaysroyal^, Cocoanaps2 Sept 29th UPDATES!!!!, Blackvelvetntucson2, TheYarnBasket, KissOfLyfe~***Computer down-Updates SOON!***, Etteve has updates as of November 2010, LeonoraLuv, Micheli ~New Video!, Camlo2k, Tobemeis2bfree (GiGi)New Updates 06/24/09 , Locksza, Famina Massive Updates!!!, .:More Lyrical:. returns!!!, New Locs .... Rebirth 7/15 pics coming soon, Duchess77, K-Shiloh, Deeplyrooted, Decemberscece, Cassandra, SAUDA, NaturallyChelle *small update 10/12/2012*, ღღLuvinme1ღღUPDATES lovin my napps!!, Rastababy26 - AUGUST '10, Soulchild618 - UPDATES coming 2/18/09 18 Months!, Twisted Weeve, Caramelhoney01, VenusDiva3733, ProphecyFullfilled, ReicyaX - 2010 in review uploaded now!, Kaisea1982 - 3 years and counting ya'll, Bigbuns120, Desz4hair, Kishaba, ***Honesty***, LadiCreama, LockedinSouthAfrica, IaMan , Luvnmycurls-- Fall 2010 updates!!!, Happynappy2 (no more locs check out my updates), Cellodivah2, Natural Organic hair and skin care, Always Royal (June 2011 Updates) Month 36, EmpressZee, SonnieO, KazekoRayne *Month 15 Updates!*, Cellodivah3, Afriquelachic.com, Luvelylocs, YOLAKASSA, Mardani25, AulterEgos, Certifiedstarr89, NubianKink, Ms-Tee UPDATED 6/3 *youtube.com/SimpliciTEE411*, Toya (((ladydread))), 2wholesalewigs, Mya** Black Hair Diary iTunes App, Positiveenergee, xaymaca4real