| || |
- Mahogany True
- I have always loved women with natural hair. It is so powerful and has strong meaning behind it! I have been transitioning since May 208 and as today December 18, 2008 I will undergo my very first BIG CHOP!!! (YEAH!!!!)
As a little girl being raised by her father, daddy did the best that he could with my hair. I when from the Grandma's kitchen Hot Comb, to the relaxer, to the Jerry Curl (yes I had the JC, along with the childhood jokes), back to the relaxer to where I am today.
I have researched online, youtube and even asked different people about how they take care of their hair and what products they have tried and currently using.
Just as majority of the people that I have talked to, I have also had people to tell me that I won't look right, why won't I think about it some more, why do i really want to do such a thing as cut off my hair.
I just simply tell them that I'm doing this for me not you and if Go wanted me to have straight hair he would have gave it to me when he brought me into this world. I'm all about living a health life and it starts with in. My hair is the next step in my life transition.
I was always told that long straight hair is beautiful and that nappy hair makes any woman ugly. I always had problems of getting my hair to grow as a child. My dad tried, I give him a lot of credit but man my pictures as a child have me looking back asking what in the WORLD was I doing.
I did the kinky twist and the micros braids. Which the micro braids really damage my hair. FIRST of all, they did not braid past my hair so as I was cutting out the knots, I was really cutting my hair. I realized this when I had half of the braids out and saw that my hair was shorter on one side than the other. I was so levied!!! But it was towards my last month before I cut my relaxed hair.
So as I sit here today writing this short note about who I am, I'm starting to realize that I'M REALLY GOING TO CUT MY HAIR.......UUUGGGHHH!!!!!
As I take this next step into my Natural world, I'm taking the next step to hair freedom.
Please feel free to leave any comments and suggestions. I have look at several Fotki and youtube accounts and I have gotten a lot of information. Please feel free to share!
Peace and Blessings to all!!!!
- General Information
- Sunday, December 14, 2008
- Afro, natural, big chop, african american, black woman
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- I don't have kids yet
- Grad/professional school
- Black/African descent
- Body type:
- Christian - other
- Interests & Personality
- reading, meet new ppl, singing, dancing, and friends
- neo-soul, r&b, jazz, and ol'skool
- My Father is my rock, the Lord is my shield and my Mother is my enteral angel
- Carl Webber Michael Baiden, Eric J Dickie
- ~JaZiToNeS~.... Little Update Nov 2011, Curleedst (10/26/10 Loc update), Sunshine2003, NaturalRay, Nappy Nelle, MimiCuteLips, Jazzi (9-28 update), CorporateNapps, NaturallyKendra **updated 1-16-11**, Crimsondewdrop2, ~*Quiet Fire*~ Baby Fire is here! Updates soon!, Tspady1, BeautifulBrwnBabyDol-(Please vote for me ANNM)!!!, www.keepitkinky.net – Hair to Stay, Mikaela- approaching 5 yrs natural!, DagSheTall *updates 3.12.09*, ChocoLattepuffmommi, SecretJewel, Houstonzeta***March 2010 updates!***, Makai926 *STRAIGHT!!!*, Rockopoohbear - Updates (as of August 2011), BlAcK OnYx *** Updating Soon ***, Kinkycurl- updates as of 2/12/12, TracieMae **Update Aug. 30, 2010**, NIK*STAR **www.NikGLifeAndStyle.com**, Aprilflower-One new pic....at last..., Zulema, Nana: 3 month update!, Sunshine81-Started over 6/2/10, RelaxerRelease, Sep/Oct update!, Loving My Naps ***UPDATED 1.20.11***, Eringirl, www.CaribbeanNaturalHairScene.com is offline, Nigerian-Queen: 15 MONTHS LOCED WOOHOO! UPDATED!!!, KayKay10001~~~2014 Updates!!!, Uniquetwin - A couple pics at a time..., Afrofantastic!, Nappyaka08
- Friend of:
- NaturalRay, Nigerian-Queen: 15 MONTHS LOCED WOOHOO! UPDATED!!!