| || |
- I am in the process of a mid-life vocational/life revamp. The kids have all 'flown the nest', the mundane mortgage paying business is sold, the house is sold and the 'world is my oyster'!! In the 'feel the fear' stage of minimal earnings, of a student again as I transition my amateur photography into the professional arena. Ensuring that this occurs by attending NZ's best photography school at UCOL-Palmerston North. I have at end of 2009 completed year 1 of a Photography & Design degree. Being in an environment of living and breathing photography with constant critique really helps improve the craft.
As I continue this course, there is a parallel push out into the business world of photography. I hope this leads onto more travel.
I have lived in Philly PA USA in 1974-75 as a student and traveled through 27 states over the summer. In 1998 I spent some days in Seattle and did a once over very lightly of Canada west and north including up to the arctic sea for a swim and Alaska. Elvis is alive...I saw him in Whitehorse. I loved the ruggedness of this region and spent way too short a time there and especially BC/Vancouver etc!!
I am fit and active in outdoor pursuits, practical and educated. Aside from photography I kayak, trail run/walk, mountain bike, read, blob at the movies, support live & local music, hang in cafes with friends, dance up a storm-2 left feet having their ill-disciplined enthusiasm curtailed with Latin dance lessons. I am semi vegetarian. Plenty of life's experiences make me the man of today..
- General Information
- Sunday, January 13, 2008
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
- Contact Information
- Personal website:
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Marital status:
- Sexual orientation:
- Light (social) drinker
- Proud parent
- College graduate
- Body type:
- Interests & Personality
- The world I live in! Lots of current, used to, maybes and want tos!!
- kayak (ex racing now touring-sea. lakes, river with a wine or 2 over dinner), mountain bike, trail walk (tramp/hike), mild level climbing, ex-competetive level marathon/triathlon/Ironman/multi-sports, tv watcher of rugby-provincial & international
- supporter of live and local, across board tastes, Alt country (Gillian Welsh, Over the Rhine..), new wave/indie (Talking Heads, Patti Smith, Blondie, Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, Cold War Kids, Beirut..), Pop rock (U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers) etc etc
- Across the board. Keen watcher.
- a few series appeal. The Wire, Deadwood, 3rd Watch, The Shield, & confession!! I watch Survivor
- adventurers, many of the socially concerned!, the odd celeb that is using their profile to advance social/potical/environmental issues...
- Always several on the go!
- Friend of:
- © voodooeyez, rich bruton (a decent exposure.com), Hot&SexyRugs, JuJuPem, Sagaras, Sawillman Photography