| || |
- I originally went to nappturality.com in 2003 to get some tips on how to style my daughters hair. Two years later 2005, I found myself getting fed up with the constant relaxers, and stinking up my bathroom with that awful smell. I said what the heck,if I go natural and I don't like it, I can always go back to the ever so faithful relaxer. I'm loving the freedom.
A couple of years ago, you couldn't pay me enough to let go of what I thought was my beautiful tresses. I loved combing my hair, so it could stay neat and pretty. I was religious about getting my hair done, every week.
Since my BC, I fuss less over my hair. I let it do it's thing, and it's the best feeling in the world. I'm not spending crazy money on products or in salons. I've been doing research on how we (our people) came to be so dependent on the creamy crack. My hair no longer defines me. It is a part of nappilymi
Sankofa: "We must go back and reclaim our past so we can move forward; so we understand why and how we came to be who we are today."
Black Americans spend $410 million a year, to alter the texture of their hair. Black magazines like Ebony, Essence and Jet are full of ads for relaxers, texturizers and straighteners that feature women with shiny, long straight hair.
"Don't remove the
Kinks from your hair!
Remove them from
Marcus Mosiah Garvey
To Be An Afrikan Woman is to:
Be life Affirming
Be in partnership with an Afrikan man
Be a political organizer
Speak for the Ancestors
Be An Advocate for Afrika
Be a Healer
Function As Part of a Collective
Be a Scientist of the Sacred
- General Information
- August 10, 2005
- English, Creole, poquito espanol, un petit français
- I'm here for:
- Photo sharing, Friends, Networking
- Not friend:
- add to friends
to send a gift
There are no gifts yet! Be the first to send this user a virtual gift!
- My Cities
- Also lived in:
- Background & Lifestyle
- Light (social) drinker
- Body type:
- Interests & Personality
- teach myself Spanish and re-learn French.
- I'm not really a fan but I do watch Football, Boxing, some basketball.
- I actually like all kinds of music, yes including country music, hip-hop, R&B, jazz, disco, new age, world music, whatever....
- Too many to mention, but i love romantic, and romantic-comedies,anything sci-fi
- Edwidge Danticat "The Farming of Bones", "Krik Krak", Spencer Wells "The Journey of Man", Stephen King s "Carrie", "Children of the Corn", "The Dark Half", "Salems Lot", "Dreamcatcher", "The Eyes of the Dragon", "It", "Misery", "Tommyknockers", "Storm of the Century", "Nightmares and Dreamscapes", " Needful things" can you tell I'm a Stephen King fan? LOL